Tuesday, November 21, 2017


First Nail Trimming


A dog's nails need to be trimmed.  True, a service dog has a lot more "concrete time" than some dogs, so they don't need to have their nails trimmed as often.  ANYWAY... I wanted to get it done before Thanksgiving holiday, before house guests and everything else.  

I took Musketeer to PetSmart Salon.  The three gals there were super nice.  They talked how pets are "children".  I told them that Musketeer takes care of me, so it feels weird to be called his "mommy".  I'm his lady.  They totally understood that.

They took Musketeer five yards away from me, just behind the counter.  He could see me, I could see him.  He could hear me, I could hear him.  He tried to walk backwards to not go with them!  The entire time he was under their "control", he was PANICKING!

The PetSmart Salon folks told me they have another service dog come in, a black lab, who does the exact same thing!  These dogs know that they are responsible for their humans and if they aren't there next to their human, something bad might happen without them there!  Musketeer leaned into me the moment he was finished.

When we got home and I got his vest off and such, he went nuts loving on me, licking my face, leaning in against me really hard, running in circles and nudging me every time he went in a circle.  It was a bigger reaction than he gave me when he met me!  It was as if Musketeer was saying, "READ MY TAG!!!  READ MY VEST!!!  DO *NOT* SEPARATE ME FROM MY HANDLER!!!!  DO NOT EVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!!"  Dogs show love and man, Musketeer LOVES LOVES LOVES me!!!!!  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my puppy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment