Monday, October 16, 2017


Working Dog
by
Musketeer Puppy


Hi!  I'm Musketeer Puppy and I have an important place in the Fairport household!

The lady of the house needs me to make sure her blood sugar levels aren't going where they shouldn't go.  I place my paw on her leg if I smell the sugar levels in her system go up too much or go down too much.  If her levels start to get too wacky, I start to whimper to let her know I'm extra worried about her and the humans need to do something fast.  My lady doesn't like to hear me whimper, so she acts quickly to fix things.

When I'm done alerting, the entire Fairport family throws a Puppy Party!  The lady gives me lots of treats and they all praise me and give me LOTS of love and I get so excited because I feel like I won a huge prize for saving my lady.  Right after the Puppy Party, I take a bone into my awesome den so that my lady can fix the sugar levels and I can chill out after such an exciting party!

My lady gives the play time command several times a day and the wee ones and I play with a ball or play tug with a green and yellow rope.  After a 10 - 15 minute high energy play time, I'm ready to just chill next to my lady.

When I'm out and about with my lady, I need to pay extra close attention to her because there are so many distractions when we're out and about!  My lady gets distracted by EVERYTHING, so I have to focus on her to keep her safe.  I'm learning to walk at her pace and I know how to walk next to an electric wheelchair really well.  My lady and I hear lots of comments when we're out and about.  So far, every parent has told their child, "No, you can't distract the puppy, he's working, he's taking care of his lady.".  I'm SO glad everyone we've met so far is so respectful.  Sometimes my lady lets people pet me, because she knows it's nice to meet other people and say hello, but ONLY when my lady thinks it's the right time for that.

The back yard at my new home is AMAZING!  They have grass and leaves and I can run and play.  I do my personal business on one side of the yard.  The man of the house placed a really nice chair in the back yard for my lady to sit on.  It even has a roof in case the shower gets turned on outside (WHO puts a shower OUTSIDE??  That didn't happen to me much while I was in Arizona, but HERE, it happened for THREE DAYS!  I was about ready to place a call in to Noah!).  We had a very nice fur brushing time this morning and my lady goes on and on about how handsome I am.

I have a very nice bed next to where my lady sleeps in the master bedroom.  I stay right by her side, in case I need to alert her to a changing blood sugar level, like the other night.  I woke my lady up at 3:00 am to let her know things weren't going the right way.  I really like to help her!

I'm a proud and happy Musketeer!



1 comment: