Wednesday, September 6, 2017


And Now...
Down Again.

The roller coaster of life has many ups and downs and sharp turns.  The best you can do is hang on tight and enjoy the ride when you can!

Perhaps I should practice what I preach?

I've been feeling really low for the past couple days.  I talked to "the new gal" at D.A.D.A. (Diabetic Alert Dogs of America - where Musketeer, my service dog, is being trained).  She told me that Musketeer would be coming home at the END of October.  I had just been told mid-October.  Now two weeks have been added on?

I was also told that Ed, the head dude of D.A.D.A., would be delivering Musketeer.  From the videos that I've seen of him, he seems to me a Type A personality, just go, go, go type of person who doesn't wait for anyone or anything.  My GO went when I fell down that flight of stairs..  I don't move like I used to move.  And they want me to wait to do ALL of Musketeer's shopping so Ed can go with me to explain what to get and what not to get.  I like to go shopping, but I'm more of a snail's pace now, and I get wiped out rather quickly.  So I started getting high anxiety about going shopping with Ed.  Thankfully, I have an AMAZING husband who asked, "How much does Musketeer cost?  For THAT much, Ed can go shopping at YOUR speed and asking you how he can help make things better for you!".  

I'm worried about having the house ready for a dog.  I'm worried about how long it's going to take because my blood sugar levels are yo-yo-ing so horribly lately and I drove while bottomed out and don't know how I got home the other day, and then the next day I'm up in the 400s.  SO NOT COOL.  So I'm wanting Musketeer home NOW, but I'm not ready for him RIGHT now and he's not ready quite yet either.  I'm worried about how much start up funds will be needed when Ed is here.  How many times are we going to need to go out to eat and spend money at restaurants? How much for all of the food, bowls, treats, chews, etc. etc. etc. just to get STARTED, cuz you need EVERYTHING all at once!  Once you have everything, then cost is spread out.  Oh, we'll need to get a city dog license too.  I almost forgot about that.  The Purpose Hunt went REALLY WELL for the first two and a half days.  Now it seems to be at a stand still.  That's rather discouraging.

Anyway...  I was told that we'll be given a 2 to 3 week heads up before they get here.  My blood sugar level just went up a bunch while I was typing this cuz I'm getting so stressed and my pain level is really high as well.

Don't worry!  Be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment